What’s up everyone, today on the show we are joined by another local favorite marketer, Manuel Bárcenas.
She’s a personal growth enthusiast and a startup marketer on a mission to help managers & their teams work better together.
By the age of 18, Manuela had lived in three different countries: Colombia, Ecuador, and Peru. In 2014, she decided it was time for a new challenge and moved to Canada. She’s a journalism and communications graduate of Carleton here in Ottawa.
She caught the startup marketing bug pretty early interning with Startup Canada right out of school and then working as a community developer at Carleton University.
In 2018, Manuela was marketing hire #1 at Fellow.app one of the hottest startups in Ottawa. She’s been living the startup marketing life for nearly 3 years.
At Fellow, she helped launch the successful Supermanagers podcast, she runs a huge newsletter (Manager TLDR newsletter) and self taught Hubspot and Google Analytics and much more.
Manuela is a rising star and a must follow on marketing Twitter, she tweets about mindset, marketing and management.
Manuela, thanks so much for coming on the show.
- When you started at Fellow as the first marketer, did you have any idea what you’d be doing? Bring us back in time to your first couple months at Fellow.
- What was/did you have a ‘calling moment’ for marketing tech / marketing
- What was your biggest hurdle(s) as a 1 person marketing team and how did you adjust as the team grew
- When you look at the t-shaped marketer today, where do you see your specialty and how that’s evolved in the last 3 years
- Your journey learning Hubspot and other tools
- The newsletter and the podcast. Talk to us about the engine behind the scenes and the growth of both of these huge projects
- Talk us through your journey of writing and learning about management and then becoming a manager yourself and now leading a team
- What advice do you have for early marketers that want to become managers?
- We always end by asking how you balance everything in your life and how do you stay happy 🙂
Some awesome tweets from Manuela:
<< Previous episode
Next episode >>
📫 Get new episode notifications
By subscribing, you agree to receive emails from us, but we’ll only send you an email when we drop a new episode, usually on Tuesday mornings ☕️
Future-proofing the humans behind the tech